Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I'm Indian, right now in the USA.

I had cancelled my return ticket on 23rd March due to India's ban on international flights from March 22nd to April 14th 2020. But my current visit duration (6 months) will end by April 15th 2020, and now I'm at risk of overstaying.

I think, to be on the safer side, I should apply for an extension (Form I-539).

Do I need an attorney for filing this application?