Garmaine Staff asked 2 years ago

I bought a house about a year ago and I have an old Cutler-Hammer electrical panel. I see the number 2001 written on there, but no idea when it was installed. I have a few questions about this panel:

  1. When should a panel be replaced?
  2. Should I have any concern that this panel is Cutler-Hammer (which is no longer in business, but was purchased by Eaton)?
  3. I cant tell what breakers were installed, but they don't seem to all be cutler hammer. Should I be worried that they seem to be different brands?
  4. I would like to replace most of these breakers with Dual GFCI/AFCI (because old house, little kids). Would this be the right breaker (Eaton) for this panel?

Cutler-Hammer label Breakers Some breaker labels